Greenway Map: Click Image to Enlarge
NOTE: Construction work is still in progress. Please check the CURRENT STATUS before making your travel plans.
- Start/Trailhead : The official access point will be located in Maynooth just to the right of the Irish Rail train station.
- Distance : 146 km (228km if loop to Mullingar is included)
- Terrain : Greenway off road cycle and walking trail
- Estimated Time Cycling : 2 to 3 days
- Estimated Time Walking : 5 to 7 days
- Waymarking : Trail is waymarked using the National Cycle Network symbol and a white directional travel arrow.
- To Suit : Suitable for people with moderate levels of fitness.
- Minimum Gear : Helmet, Bike, Mobile Phone, Snacks, Fluid and waterproofs.
- Services : Services available in Maynooth, Mullingar, Ballymahon, Clondra
- Caution!!: The route between Cloondara and Ballymahon is via the canal and from Ballymahon to Athlone is on-road with some sections on national routes. Extreme caution is required.
Longford Greenway Map: Click Image to Enlarge
Westmeath Greenway – Westmeath to Longford/Meath
Westmeath Greenway Map: Click Image to Enlarge
Meath/Kildare Greenway – Meath to Fingal
Dublin Greenway – Kildare to Dublin City